Greetings from the Holy Land. Here are 10 great things about praying at the kotel.
1. There are minyanim around the clock.
2. You’re standing right near the awesomeness of the Har Habayis.
3. The feeling of achdus as a result of davening with so many different types of Jews is palpable.
4. There are so many serious daveners around to inspire us to take our tefillah higher.
5. There is an elevated feeling of holiness there.
6. The silent Shomoneh Esrai for Mincha/Maariv is around 9 minutes, compared to about 6 minute silent Shomoneh Esrai in the states.
7. It’s much easier to observe the halacha of picturing yourself in the Holy of Holies.
8. People don’t pressure the Baal Tefillah to go faster or slower.
9. People are helpful and accommodating.
10. It’s easier learn how to get past distractions and focus on your davening.